Being sick really sucks. I’ve had a cold for a few days now and it’s really getting in the way of my productivity with work. Unfortunately since a cold is a virus, there isn’t much you can do about it except for wait it out.
I’ve found some simple steps you can take it to make it less miserable and a few home remedies that help a lot.
- Vicks Vaporub – apply to your chest, throat and nose. It helps break up the congestion.
- Neti Pot – irrigate your nose in the shower, it helps to get out all of the sickness.
- Ginger Tea – helps to boost your immune system and break up chest congestion.
I’m not a huge fan of ginger, but this tea really does help.
- Fill up your teakettle and get it boiling.
- Meanwhile, grate a one-inch piece of fresh ginger root.
- Get out a teapot or thermos.
- Put the ginger in the teapot.
- Put four tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Add four tablespoons of honey (to taste).
- When your water is boiled, pour it into the teapot.
- Cover it up and let it steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain into a tea cup and enjoy!
When it comes to being sick, I always prefer to try natural remedies to taking drugs that will damage my liver and cause side effects.